How a user interacts with a website:
- content is more important than design
- users scan for information, not read top to bottom
- users are impatient
- users don’t optimize – they select the first reasonable option
- users follow their intuition
- users like to have control
- Use visual hierarchy to lead the user’s eye to important content.
- Use multiple heading levels (h1, h2, h3)
- Make available functions clear.
- Make important elements obvious.
- Bright, bold colors = energetic
- Darker shades = relaxing
Links to tools for helping you find a color scheme: